Wednesday, May 30, 2018

This doesn't belong here.

I think a lot of things that I know a lot of people think are racist.
I don't know how many people, really.  10 people feels like a lot, but there's like 7.000.000 people in the world, so 10 really isn't that much.  I don't know what percentage of the people in the world think it's racist for me to decline to especially go out of my way to avoid a person who is praying on a public sidewalk.

I know there's a lot of people who don't think those things are racist, but most of them are terribly blatantly racist themselves.  I don't want them on my side.  I've known like maybe 2 people who agreed with me on the things and weren't complete garbage
or were they?  One of them ended up unfriending me after being best friends for 10+ years because they thought my feminism was too extreme and my pronouns were stupid (and i just use masculine pronouns) and they looked down on me for not having a bachelor's degree.  The other one I'm thinking of lost all his facebook friends because he was accused of sexual harassment or something.
Anyway.
I usually don't say the things.  It kind of hurts.
Oh I can just imagine someone saying that I am like "entitled" or something because i say it hurts me that I don't get to express my opinion.
It kind of hurts in the same way it hurts to keep quiet about your gender or sexuality.
And the people who would call me entitled for wanting to express my opinion say i have every right to express my gender and sexuality.  I don't see a relevant difference.
In both cases, it's (partially) about closeness.  I'm friends with some people, allegedly, so I want to be able to say what I think.  Having to keep quiet means you're not really friends with those people.  That hurts.
Also, I think the things I think are right.  I think people are being hurt by the widespread wrong beliefs.

I think I also think things that people think are bigoted in various other ways.  There are definitely people who think I'm ableist, ageist, sexist, and idk what else.  But the racism is the thing that comes up the most these days.

This should really be in my Rilian Rlog, but I've been trying to only put things I put a lot of time into on there, so it's just going to hang out here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment